Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sophie la girafe

Bonjour,
My name is Sophie, but many people know me as Sophie la Girafe. I thought that I should introduce myself as there are 30 million of me out there in the big wide world. I was born in the olden days 25th May 1961 in France. But I still look exactly the same, no wrinkles, no nothing. I guess that it is true when they say that French woman age well.
I was the first exotic wildlife figure on the market. My father, Monsieur Rampeau made me small enough so that I would be fit in a baby's small hands. I am great for a teething baby.
I am made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree. I was designed to stimulate baby's 5 senses.
Sight. My dark and contrasting spots make me recognisable to baby. I soon become a familiar and reassuring object.
Hearing. I squeak which will keep baby amused. This helps baby to understand the link between cause and effect.
Taste. I am perfect for soothing baby's sore gums when teething and I am completely safe. I am made from 100% natural rubber and food paint.
Touch. I am very light and soft to touch.
Smell. The singular scent of natural rubber makes me easy to identify.
I love being around children and watching them grow. This is what I have been doing for 48 years now and have been passed down from generation to generation.
Most of all, I love having my tummy pressed.....it makes me squeak.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: